Monday 4 July 2022

Back to the Kitchen

When I started to cultivate getting my life back I did so without misconceptions, I understood that it would be difficult. . . however I was not prepared for some of the sadness that would resurface.  I did write a post on Father's Day which is a difficult day for a number of reasons however decided that the emotions I was feeling that day were not meant for any one but myself, lets just say it was very cathartic. 

That said I am still working on some habits surrounding my emotional and physical well being but June was primarily spent on my environment. I have purged, cleaned, rearranged and am down to one wall and an ensuite that need to be repainted . . . it feels soooo good! Now that I am feeling comfortable with my space again I really want to start cooking more. I love to cook but don't do as much as I would like since cooking for one is not a lot of fun (and I hate dishes LOL).

I was able to spend this weekend with my youngest grandson and while in Langley I stopped by the Asian markets in search of some gochujang for a recipe I wanted to try . . .I may or may not have gotten carried away by all the great options that were surrounding me! So for fun I have deemed July Asian cooking month...at least 4 times a week my meals will need to have some sort of Asian flare! I love trying new things and I plan on using a lot of doenjang (fermented bean paste) this month, I had company last night who don't eat spicy food or garlic  but found a great recipe for chicken and sautéed potatoes that I was able to adapt and tasted sooo yummy!! Who knows, tonight will be fish or ramen but either way I am excited to look up new recipes and cook new things! 




No comments:

Post a Comment